Monday, March 19, 2007

Who is the idiot who...!?

I don't have a picture for this one, because it's just not something you take a picture of, but I would just like to know who the idiot is who named it "morning sickness". I mean, come on! Are there really people that only have this in the morning? Because my wife is not one of those people.

If you aren't already praying for her, please take a moment to pray for my wife. She is having a really hard time with this pregnancy. So far it's not as bad as the first (I mean, after all she's still alive) but it's a lot worse than the second and looks to be as bad or worse than the third. Not just because of the vomiting, but she has had headaches almost everyday. Several of them have been severe, including at least three migraines.

This is just further reason why God was so wise to have the women have the children. Women tend to downplay there pain and suffering over time. "It really wasn't that bad," my wife has said on many occassions. While men on the other hand tend to... shall we say exagerate, maybe... even embelish our pain just a little bit. If you have heard the story of my in-grown-toe nail proceedu... I mean, surgery, you will know exactly what I am talking about. I mean, come on it was touch and go there for a while!

Anyway, keep her in your prayers if you would. I mean, if I throw up, it will be at least 24 hours before I get out of that bed, let alone 4-5 times a day for two months now. Yuck. Historically speaking she has 2 or 3 more months to go.

On that same note, keep my kids in your prayers. They have been eating a lot of MY cooking... poor little guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Keith-are you surviving? Poor Brandi-are you sure it isn't your cooking that is making her sick? Now, Is this the last one? Are you sure?

Anonymous said...

Keith, the problem is you spelled it wrong! It should be "Mourning" sickness. It's called that because the husband / father is "mourning" the loss of home cooked meals, clean house, a quiet inviting atmosphere when you come home, etc.

 
Clicky Web Analytics