Friday, March 23, 2007

Ahhh, very nice...



Man did it pour last night. I went to the store to get Brandi some decaf green tea. It wasn't raining too hard at the time so I just took an umbrella and walked. When I came out it was pouring, so needless to say, even with the umbrella I got a little wet, but I was excited because I knew exactly what it would be like this morning. When I woke up I wasn't dissapointed. I came into work this morning with the windows down and smelling the amazing smell of the desert after a storm. There is no other smell like it in the whole world and it is one of my favorite things about living in AZ. If you've never smelled it you are missing out on something spectacular (and rare). If you have smelled it you know exactly what I'm talking about. What a perfect way to start the day! God is good.

Brandi has had two better days in a row. Much fewer trips to the bathroom. She's still been feeling awful, but... if she isn't actually vomiting, then we have hope that she will improve and have more energy.

I tell you this week has been something else. We have had our Christian family reach out to us in a wonderful and amazing way. The concern and service have been both humbling and very touching. I haven't cooked a meal all week (maybe that could be contributing to Brandi's improvement), sweet women from Gateway have been cooking us meals, watching kids and cleaning the house. I've really been blown away. I don't know if any of them actually read this, but if they do, thank you very much. I don't know how people make it through difficult times without Christian family, it truly is a blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man-I know that smell and the feeling the next morning. Ky smells wonderful after the rain too-very earthy and clean. Honestly-grass gets greener over night. It is wonderful when you realize that your church family are super awesome-Gateway has alot of amazing folks-thank you from Keith's mom too!

kristen said...

I too enjoy that smell. But I have to say that there is one that is better. N.C. before, after or during a storm. Or in the middle of a draught. It doesn't really matter. Sorry just partial to N.C. Also glad that B is feeling better. I was about to get me a plane ticket and come out there an take care of her!

 
Clicky Web Analytics