Monday, August 25, 2008

The best first :)

I am way behind on my family blogging, so I thought I would start with the latest thing that has happened, which also happens to be the best. :)

Last night, my sweet wife and I had the INCREDIBLE privilege of baptizing our son Hunter. He has been asking to be baptized for months now. We've talked with him a lot about it. We went through scriptures. We went to the baptism class.
I really had some concerns because he is so young. But it's really not complicated, even though we always try to make it that way.
It was a great thing. GREAT thing! Praise God!
Today I got to be the storyteller for the K -4th grade classes at the 10:30 and 12 services. We talked about honoring Jesus OUT LOUD.
This is my son, Hunter, honoring Jesus OUT LOUD!

There is something very special about being a parent and having this special moment. I remember my own father baptizing me nearly 20 years ago. Awesome God stuff.
Hunter said when he came out of the water he felt so lite! I picked him up. He was!
God bless you my son. May God guide you throughout your life. I am so proud that you are my son. I love you so much! Thanks for letting mommy and I share this with you.
:)

6 comments:

Mike Jones said...

Dude that is so awesome! I wish I could have been there with you guys to celebrate Hunter's public confession of faith.

I'm proud of him! An proud of you and Brandi as his parents! God is good and I love seeing Him move like this.

Congrats guys!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible moment! How I wish I was there. God bless you all!! Hunter-granny is so proud of you! Brandi and Keith-you are doing something right!

The White Family said...

WOW! I am just blown away at how big and mature Hunter is getting. What an awesome example you and Brandi are to him and countless others. CONGRATS!

kristen said...

Praise God!! In light of our tough weekend what an exciting bit of hope and life!

Hunter I am so proud of you!! I wish we could have been there for you!

Aunt Kristen

Unknown said...

Hi from the Atencio family! Congrats what a fantastic day. Mitchell is here with me and is also very excited for you all. God Bless you even more.

Casey said...

Keith, Brandi & HUNTER
That is so awesome. We are all so excited to welcome you in our Christian Family. Love ya & miss ya :)
The McBride Family ~ casey

 
Clicky Web Analytics