Friday, September 14, 2007

Contracting...

Okay, Hunter and Jacob don't go to school until 11am. So before they leave for school in the morning both of them have a whiteboard with a list of chores that need to be done. If you don't finish all of your chores for the morning, you have to finish them in the afternoon AND first offense you get fined 75 cents. If you have back to back offenses it's 1.50 and you have additional chores in the afternoon to complete. We're slave drivers I know. All of this stems from the kids just sitting around in the morning and Brandi having to get all over them just to get the basics done.

Anyway, so yesterday they get in the car and start out for school and Jacob says that he did four of Hunters chores because Hunter said that he would pay him $2. Hunter then says that he's not going to pay because Jacob didn't find his socks (one of the four negotiated tasks). Evidently not squealing on Hunter wasn't part of the deal.

So when I got home the contractor had to pay his sub-con $1.25 for his partial completion of the chores and the contractor got docked his entire week's allowance for pawning off his chores on his brother. He'll also get extra weekend chores to make up for the ones he failed to complete himself.

Good grief. I don't remember ever doing anything like that when I was a kid. So am I wrong here? Should I reward the delegation as long as it's a fair deal and the sub-con gets paid. Our take was this is an example of laziness that we are trying to purge.

Of course Daddy just started contracting out the yard work... maybe I'll back off on the extra chores this weekend...

Any help here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that any of your brothers ever paid one of the others to do his chores, but I do know that you were almost always the only one that had any money-were you, in fact doing all the chores? You are doing great, Honey-it doesn't really get easier until they get married-trust me-I know!

 
Clicky Web Analytics